- Our Valerian Tincture is a calmative/sedative that acts as a sleep aid and also helps to relieve nervousness.
- Considered a nervine herb, i.e. part of a class of herbs that tonifies, calms, and heals the nervous system.
- Mild sedative and sleep-promoting agent.
- Good for states of nervous excitation and anxiety-induced sleep disturbances.
- Found in clinical trials to be as effective as benzodiazepines in aiding sleep.
- Does not have the untoward side-effects of drugs.
- Certified Organic Valerian (Valeriana officinalis, root)
- NMI: Distilled water, certified organic alcohol
- Adults: Take 2.4-4 mL (72-120 drops) 1-3 times daily in a little water on an empty stomach. Alternatively, as a sleep aid, a dose of 2.4-4 mL may be taken 30-60 minutes before bedtime. An earlier dose of 2.4-4 mL may be taken during the evening if necessary.